Mini pastry pinwheels filled with strawberry jam. A quick, easy and tasty snack to make for the kids after school.
Continuing with this week’s theme of after school snacks for kids are these Mini Jam Pinwheels.
Delicious rolls of puff pastry filled with strawberry jam. So tasty!
For this recipe you only need three ingredients. A sheet of puff pastry, strawberry jam (or any other jam that you like) and an egg.
If you don’t want to use egg then a tablespoon of milk will work just fine.
Roll the puff pastry out and spread the jam all over it.
Cut the pastry in half across the middle so that you have two rectangle sheets.
Roll each of the sheets up tightly and then cut both rolls into 10 pieces each.
You will make 20 in total.
Transfer to a lined baking tray and brush with the beaten egg or a little milk.
Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until golden and crispy!
Leave the pinwheels to cool for a few minutes before serving them to kids as the jam will be very hot.
These pinwheels will keep for a few days but can also be frozen. Just pop into a freezer bag and take out how ever many you need at a time. They will defrost at room temperature in about an hour.
If you liked this recipe you may also enjoy my M&M Cookies
Mini pastry pinwheels filled with strawberry jam. A quick, easy and tasty snack to make for the kids after school
- 1 roll puff pastry
- 3 tbsp strawberry jam
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 200c fan and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Unroll the sheet of pastry and spread the jam all over it.
- Cut the pastry across the middle into two equal sized sheets.
- Roll up each of the sheets tightly and cut each of the rolls into 10 small pieces, making 20 in total.
- Transfer to the lined baking tray and brush with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving as the jam will be very hot.
These pinwheels will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days and can reheated in the oven or microwave. They can also be frozen after cooking. Allow to cool and then pop into freezer bags. They will defrost at room temperature in 1-1.5 hours.