This post may contain affiliate links, which means that we make a small commission when you place orders using our links.
SuperFat Nut Butters are for you.
SuperFat in a Nutshell
SuperFat is a brand that sells nut butters in various flavors that contain high levels of MCTs – medium chain triglycerides. They’re marketed as “keto” nut butters, but they can be used by anyone who wants to add a great protein source and high quality fats to their diet. (Adding both protein and fat to your diet keeps you full longer, and cuts down on sugar and carb cravings).
The company is on a mission to correct a really bad myth that the sugar industry sold us, and most of us brought into for over a decade – that fats are bad. The truth is that only SOME fats are bad for us, and many are not only good, they’re vital to optimal health, wellness, and vitality.
Good Fats vs Bad Fats
Good fats are almost all of those which naturally occur in nature:
- Monounsaturated fats found in nuts, nut butters, and avocado
- Polyunsaturated fats found in seafood, flaxseed, and chia
Bad fats include saturated and trans fats. Saturated fats occur naturally in meat, dairy products, and tropical oils, but too many can cause heart risk, and obesity.
Trans fats are also hydrogenated oils (made in a lab) and are prevalent in fast foods, vegetable shortening, baked goods, and highly processed foods because they make them last longer on grocery store shelves.
SuperFat is all about:
- Clear food labeling (with no tricks so you don’t know what you’re really consuming).
- Real food with real ingredients and no fillers or junk.
Some of SuperFat’s most popular nut butter flavors are:
Macadamia Coconut: Vegan with 3 net carbs and a great flavor. This flavor is packed with plant-based protein and nutrients for a better metabolism and good brain functioning.
Cacao Coconut: This flavor is brain-boosting and energy-providing with cacao, coconut, almond, and macadamia nut butter containing MCTs and plant-based fats.
Macadamia MCT + Probiotics: This flavor is packed with 500 million live and active cultures per serving so it’s a great extra boost for gut health along with the MCTs.
Coffee + MCT: Essentially vegan coffee butter with MCTs, healthy fats, protein and an extra caffeine boost with coffee.
Protein: MCT super-fueled nut butter with 9 grams of protein per serving. We LOVE this flavor!
SuperFat nut butters? First of all, they’re a super convenient clean way to snack that adds some major nutritional punch and comes in convenient packaging that you can throw in your gym bag, your car, or your purse while you’re on the go. What’s incredible about the packaging is the mouth spout that makes it easier to eat. Once you’ve eaten all you can with the mouthspout, you can tear it off and squeeze out every last bit!
The fats in SuperFat nut butters are healthy because they’re full of MCTs:
- MCTs are more easily digested than long-chain fatty acids. Any time your digestion is slowed, it can lead to gas, bloating, and other unsavory health complications.
- Nut butters and coconut oil are better for you than palm oil or dairy which can also contain MCTs. Many people have dairy allergies and dairy can also clog your system, causing mucus, and inflammation. Palm oils are not good for the environment because they are often farmed in places without sustainable agriculture. Nuts, coconut, and flax are the healthiest sources of medium-chain-fatty-acids.
- MCTs can contribute to healthy gut bacteria growth. This helps to boost your immunity, heightens metabolic rates, and helps contribute to your overall gut health which is associated with better moods, and less depression and anxiety.
- If you’re on a ketogenic diet, MCTs might help you stay in the fat-burning phase of your metabolism longer. Ketosis is a metabolic state when your body no longer has carbohydrate to burn as fuel for moving and thinking, and must turn to fat stores instead. The longer you’re in ketosis, the more body fat you’ll likely burn.
- MCT oil can promote weight loss due to the release of two hormones, peptide YY and leptin, that help you feel full longer after eating MCT-rich food sources. One study showed that people who take MCT oil at breakfast end up eating less at lunch than those who consume coconut oil alone. Since SuperFat nut butters contain both medium-chain-fatty acids from nuts and coconut oil, you’re more likely to consume fewer calories and also want to eat foods that are nutritive instead of those that cause wild glycemic swings like simple carbs and refined sugar. That same study found that glucose levels don’t rise as fast with MCT oils which contributes to diminished food cravings.
- MCTs are less likely to be stored as fat in your body since they can be utilized right away. Other fats take longer to bioavailable, and can thus be stored as fat.
- MCT oils can help boost brain performance and memory and may even help slow diseases like Alzhiemer’s and dementia.
- Medium-chain triglycerides may allow you to train longer and harder. In comparison to long-chain-fatty-acids, one study found that eating foods high in MCTs suppresses an increase in blood lactate concentration and RPE during moderate to intense exercise and can extend the amount of time you can stay at an intense-level of exertion.
- MCT oils may target belly fat. Research suggests that MCTs can reduce waist circumference. This is particularly important because belly fat is connected to high stress, more cortisol production, and increased incidence of obesity according to Yale. Eating high quality fats and more protein can also help you to reduce glycemic spikes that are associated with greater belly fat storage.
SuperFat nut butters also come in many flavors so you can eat them plain, add them to keto toast, or even stock a few on a long hike or bike ride for when you’re running low on energy.
SuperFat nut butters are priced for convenience. You could likely purchase the ingredients separately for less and consume them frequently to add to your health and a higher metabolism, but you’d be wasting a bit of time and energy to make your own nut butters that are fresh and ready to go. You can also purchase the larger sized nut butters and make your own “to-go” packages in smaller bags if you want to save a few extra bucks, as the individual packages are more costly.
You might occasionally just want to eat a handful of macadamia or walnuts, just for the taste and crunch, but the flavors are delicious and super easy for a grab-and-go moment.
SuperFat nut butters contain more MCTs than peanut butter and are a condensed form of plant protein that offer more energy-sustaining and brain-boosting qualities.
Ingredients / Nutrition Facts
All the flavors of SuperFat nut butters have slightly different ingredients, but there are no added fillers, and mostly contain only:
- Plant based, vegan protein sources
- Healthy fats
- No artificial flavors or fillers
There are no current promo codes but you can subscribe and save or purchase a bundle to get more nut butter selections for a better price. When you spend $50 you get a virtual coupon for a discount on your next order.
SuperFat offers a convenient way to get healthy fats and plant-based protein if you’re often on the go, either training, working, or just living a super active lifestyle. Based on a keto diet, they aren’t exclusive to those trying to create a state of ketosis in their body, but will also benefit people who want to stop snacking so often on carbs and sugar that end up adding a lot of unnecessary calories (and no nutrients) to your diet.
While the SuperFat brand caters to convenience, they’re also super clear when describing their food ingredients, and contain no excess stuff you don’t want. I find their products to be a good staple to a busy day, and keep me from grabbing muffins or other sweet things because I stay satiated and energized throughout my day when I eat at least one nut butter flavor.
If you love indulging in something sweet every once in a while, SuperFat also makes Keto Cookie bites and keto baking products including keto brownie mix and keto pancake mix.
If you’re ready to try your own SuperFat nut butter, click here.
— Breakfast Criminals (@breakfastcrmnls) May 29, 2021
Medical disclaimer: This post and all content on this website is intended for informational purposes only and not intended to serve as professional medical advice. Please consult your doctor and your own body on what works for you.